Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Dare You!

I have listed in the right column a few initiatives I am aware of who address the needs of kids who are without the loving influence of a father. There are many more. Perhaps, you are already acquainted with a worthy initiative serving kids who are missing their dads. Sign our Guestbook below and tell us about other great initiatives.

Here's a brief introduction to those I've listed on the right:
  • Give 2 The Troops:  Organizes care packages for deployed troops and helps them maintain their connection to their families at home.
  • Help Angel Tree:  A Christmas initiative (but runs year round) that links caring families with children whose father's are incarcerated
  • Let's Say Thanks:  Free!  Fast!  A website that generates postcards for the troops from quick, web-based postings
  • World Vision:  Provides resources for a variety of needs for children all over the world
  • Operation Hug-a-Hero:  Through donations, they provide a free huggable picture pillow for kids whose Dad's are deployed or fallen.  These things are cool!
  • Show Hope:  An organization caring for orphans world-wide.  Show Hope helps families adopt through grants, operates a home and medical facility for orphans in China with serious medical needs, and raises awareness for the needs of orphans.

All of these organizations serve a very important role.  How could I choose a favorite?!  I encourage you to find an initiative that speaks to you specifically, and give in honor of a father, grandpa or father figure who made an impact on your life.  I dare you!